COMMUNICATION FOR HEALTH
APPLICATIONS & INTERVENTIONS
How Can CHAI Help You With Your Research?Whether you need assistance with mobile or web development, wearables, qualitative analysis, focus groups, graphic design or intervention consultation integrated into your research, CHAI is a one-stop shop for your research needs.
Innovative and collaborative, we welcome intellectual and technical challenges.
Qualitative Research is a Systematic Approach
CHAI Qualitative Services include:
- Qualitative Methodology Consulting and Training
- Concept and Proposal Development
- Interview Guide Development
- Facilitation of Qualitative Research Methods
- Usability Testing and Cognitive Testing, Telephone and In-Person Interviews, Focus Groups, Observational Studies
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Key Summary and In-Depth Reports
- Peer-Reviewed Scientific Manuscript Preparation Support
Create Interest in Your Research With Compelling Visuals
CHAI offers high quality graphic design for web-based, mobile, and print interventions. Researchers choose from a range of custom developed designs to best meet their study goals. Products include cohesive intervention materials such as:
- Project Branding Toolkit
- Recruitment and Presentation Materials
- Graphics enhancing site navigation and educational messaging
CHAI's development team specializes in website and application development for intervention research using the latest technology in mobile, computer, wearable, and multimedia applications. CHAI maintains data security requirements commensurate with UNC School of Medicine while providing
- Interactive Data Collection
- Responsive Design
- iPhone and Android apps
- 3rd Party API integration
- Usage Tracking
- Client-controlled Content Management Features
But Wait, There's More
Grant Submissions: CHAI provides consultations for behavioral intervention research, qualitative research, web and mHealth intervention development, and graphic design. Together we create a scope of work and budget for your grant proposal.
Intervention Development: Designing effective theory-based health behavior change intervention materials (web, mobile, or print) is our main focus. CHAI uses current scientific evidence to work with researchers throughout intervention development to grant submission to implementation. Web hosting: We offer web hosting as a service for CHAI-built sites via UNC's Bioinformatics Core. Bioinformatics maintains and updates CHAI servers, providing security testing and regular backups.
Survey Programming and Integration: CHAI staff can assist with survey programming in Qualtrics (a secure online survey platform), and with the Carolina Health Assessment Resource Tool (CHART), an online health behavior assessment tool to help facilitate data collection and enhance interventions.
Concierge: CHAI staff can help connect researchers with outside vendors who offer a range of complementary services.